[TriLUG] Mailman and Virtual Hosts

Lisa Boyd leaseahb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:24:40 EST 2006

Jon wrote:
> Check the rights, then check the entry in the http.conf. Most likely you
> simply have the hostname defined differently in the config for the list.
> Mailman only lets you see the list if the hostname for the webserver is
> the same as in the config for the list.  It's a common problem.

D'oh. I'm confused again. Here's what I've got:

Permissions for the directory (/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/):
drwxrwsr-x  2 root mailman 4096 Feb  2 21:36 public

Apache permissions:
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Virtual Host setup in mm_cfg.py:

from socket import *
try:
    fqdn = getfqdn()
except:
    fqdn = 'mm_cfg_has_unknown_host_domains'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = fqdn
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = fqdn

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
# Because we've overriden the virtual hosts above add_virtualhost
# MUST be called after they have been defined.

#add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
add_virtualhost('www.zeteosolutions.com', 'zeteosolutions.com')
add_virtualhost('www.lisaboyd.com', 'lisaboyd.com')

So what part isn't right? The Zeteo-announce list is supposed to be
public as far as I can see unless I need to check something else in
the Mailman config for the specific list. This still gives me a
Forbidden error at:

http://www.zeteosolutions.com/pipermail/zeteo-announce/
http://www.lisaboyd.com/pipermail/lisa_boyd/

or any combination of above. Agh. Thanks for any clarification!
Lisa B.