[TriLUG] rfc on motherboard for anti-establishment pc

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Sat Feb 4 11:29:58 EST 2006

My only input would be that if the impact was enough to damage nonmechanical
parts such as the motherboard and/or processor, it was probably way more
than enough to severely damage the hard drive.  It'd be a shame if you
shelled out dough for an old-tech replacement only to find the HD was also
inoperable.  (I think some hard drives, if not all, have shock sensors that
are effective even when powered down, so that it won't spin back up after a
strong enough impact)

Best of luck!

~B