[TriLUG] OT: Just bought a WAP11 and I'm pissed

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Feb 6 23:08:15 EST 2006

Okey, now that I have your attention:

I just bought a Linksys WAP11 so I can bridge 2 ethernets together, one
in the house, one in the garage. Here's setup:

House:
Netgear MR814 Wirless/wired router

Garage:
Old Linksys 4 port switch. WAP11.

What I want to do is this:

MR814 --> WAP11 <-- Linksys router

I truely just want the #%@^EW$%# thing to be a bridge, not a repeater.
According to the LOGIN screen, not the docs from the reseller (didn't
check the docs on Linksys.com before the purchase), it only works with
other Linksys gear.

So my question is 2 fold. has anyone done something like this, use a
WAP11 with a NON-Linksys Wireless router as a bridge. Is so, how'd you
do it?  If it's not possible, does anyone want the damn thing. I don't
need another AP.