[TriLUG] Re: 802.11 around the fairgrounds?

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:41:56 EST 2006

I have Verizon's EVDO service.  Speeds average 600-700kbps down and 100 or
kbps up.  I've had it burst up to 900+kbps in a few speed tests.  I haven't
used it under Linux, but there are many cookbooks out there with detailed
step by step instructions for both Linux and MacOS X.  Its a bit pricey, I
pay $66/mo with my Cisco discount since I don't have a Verizon cell phone
(need GSM).