[TriLUG] seeking help-desk ticket tracking tool

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:54:48 EST 2006

Hi folks!  I've already talked to a few people and have to come know
that Request Tracker seems to be a popular solution for tracking
customer help-desk related issues.  We will soon be running a web
application which will by nature, have LOTS of users... um, lusers.
So, in light of that, we are seeking a system we can use to track our
calls/cases to help us manage this.  If you have any suggestions,
please include some pros and cons.

What would be icing on the cake for me?  Something which was developed
using PHP (running on linux/apache), can use MSSQL (yes I said that)
and possibly even have users auth'd against my AD (LDAP) just like I'm
able to auth my AD users with apache/httpd (see:
http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_ADS_AuthLDAP.txt)  At any
rate, I realize more than likely a system we get will use mysql or
postgresql and won't be able to reach my AD for users and auth info,
which is fine.  I'm shooting for the moon and taking what I can get!
:)

thanks all,
David McD