[TriLUG] sendmail & ldap > exchange howto?

Paul G. Szabady Paul at ThyService.com
Wed Feb 8 22:33:42 EST 2006

Here I go, answering my own questions again.

http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?Exchange2Access

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  This works exactly as I
wanted/needed!

--
Paul
@ Thy Service

> I'm using mimedefang for clamav, rbls, and spamassassin.  I didn't realize
> it could do this as well.  Do you have any references?
>
> --
> Paul
> @ Thy Service
>
>> mimedefang will do this and a bunch more.
>>
>> Matt P.
>>
>> On Wed, February 8, 2006 6:12 pm, Paul G. Szabady wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm running a RHEL 4.2 server w/sendmail (8.13) as a mail gateway.  I
>>> currently use a mailertable entry to forward email to an exchange
>>> server
>>> after some basic spam, av, and rbl filters.  The problem I'm facing is
>>> all
>>> the spam that gets by it which is destined for ficticious users gets
>>> bounced back to the gateway server.  (I'm not rejecting or discarding
>>> spam, just marking it.)  I'm getting 350 +/- NDA bounces a day!  I
>>> believe
>>> I can use Sendmail's built-in ability to perform LDAP queries for
>>> valid
>>> users (a.k.a. smtp addresses) in the active directory / exchange
>>> environment.  If I understand it correctly, this query takes place