[TriLUG] Re: seeking help-desk ticket tracking tool

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Feb 9 11:51:44 EST 2006

David McDowell wrote:
> Thanks everyone... looks like RT is receiving the most overwhelming
> support for a free solution... so it is the way for me to go.  Without
> lots of expert hacking (which I cannot do) it doesn't look like I'll
> get MSSQL database connectivity or the ability to use my AD users
> (LDAP) as my userbase, but at least it is free, highly recommended and
> runs on LAMP.   :)

Check the documentation and RT wiki.  RT is quite fliexible in handling
users and you may be able to wedge in your LDAP userbase using a perl
module or via an htaccess-style authentication request.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/