[TriLUG] Opera 8.5 caching dynamic pages

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Feb 14 11:41:55 EST 2006

Hi Folks!
   I'm encountering a bit of a problem in that Opera 8.5 is caching
dynamically-generated pages on my website, and thereby not always
showing me the most recent information that page has to offer.  Due to
the nature of the tasks the pages' scripting is facilitating, that can
be pretty bad (for example, generating a list of ID-tagged checkboxes
against certain database entries, then instead of showing me a new list,
showing me an old cached list).  Is it something I should just adjust in
Opera ("don't cache .php") or is there a server setting I can twiddle
("always report the content as having changed so the browser doesn't
cache it" or something)?  I'd rather be able to ensure from the server
end that my end-users are getting fresh data and not stale cache stuff.

Thanks!

~Brian