[TriLUG] recording a phone call from within Mac OS X?

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Tue Feb 14 12:14:49 EST 2006

f you're stumped on how to get audio into the computer, Radio Shack has
a number of different boxes you can purchase that will help.

The Wireless Phone Recording Controller (
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103157 ) gets
lots of recommendations, I've also heard nice things about the Recorder
Control ( http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062697 ).

They have cheaper solutions as well, including a $7 recorder pick up,
but I have heard they do not work as well with modern phones.

On a side note, these devices have questionable legality in some states,
but from what I understand, not in North Carolina.
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/ covers that and more, if you feel the need
to read up on it.

Peace.

john