[TriLUG] raid cards

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 14:00:22 EST 2006

'end user' -- a random quote from a random post from
an random user on a random web page.

His point was that promise makes some good
hi end stuff, but the some of the pci boards ( he was
referring to the fasttrack 2300 ) are cheap and junk.

It looks like the drivers for it stops at redhat 9 on
the promise web site. There were some posts about a src
code wrapper around a binary driver ( also posts about
having to downgrade gcc to get it to work).

I'm changing jobs, and reconfiguring my rackmount
for my old company before shipping it back.  I'd like
to find something that is supported and proven, so I won't
be haunted by it.

the sil3112 works fine on my motherboard, but if there
are pci problems, I want to stay away from it as well
( so thanks for your input).

brett