[TriLUG] OT: need ideas for a project that just landed in my lap

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Feb 15 17:43:15 EST 2006

First thought....is it possible to open the box with the buttons, and
re-wire them?  seems like that's the simple, obvious solution here :)

another idea would be to hack the switch so that power drives the motor up
and lack of power lets the gate back down...then rewire the button wires
into a standard power cable (male end), weatherize it, run it into the
guard shack, and hook that up to an x10 lamp module...set up a small box
(say a soekris or something) with the x10 rf device, and then set up a web
page on that that interfaces with the x10 rf via bottlerocket and a web
page :)

--
William Sutton