[TriLUG] Road Runner blocking ports?

Magnus stinkfart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:55:07 EST 2006

It seems to vary from market to market.

I had some people in the #trilug IRC channel tell me their ports are not
blocked, while others in other areas are blocked.   My own experience with
TW from a few years ago was that ports 25 & 80 were blocked (I never had ftp
server running then so I don't know if 21 was also blocked).

On 2/20/06, Mark Freeze <mfreeze at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if Time Warner blocks port 21?  My web server runs great
> but my ftp server hangs up after it says 'Connected'.  It never gets to
> the
> point to ask for a username or password.   The only thing I could think of
> was that maybe TW is restricting access to 21.  ???
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

"The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in
the same hands…may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."
—James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 47