[TriLUG] Road Runner blocking ports?

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:07:15 EST 2006

Sorry to take so long to answer questions but I'm working away from my desk
today...

1. (Mark) My firewall is configured to pass the request along to the box.  I
checked to make sure the name was resolving correctly and it does the same
thing when you hit the ip directly so I'm pretty sure that is ok. I'm sure
that my box is getting the requests because my web server is running off
d-link's virtual server stuff also.

2. (Keith) It won't let me get to the login screen.  My connection looks
like this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark>ftp ftp.mfreeze.com
Connected to ftp.mfreeze.com.
Connection closed by remote host.

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark>

The 'connection closed' is new today.  That appears around 1 min. after the
'connected' message, so it may not be the d-link after all. Connection
closed didn't appear yesterday. It just showed up since I added the 'Allow
Passive Transfers' option in config. I'll have to wait until I get home
today to see what is in the logs.

3. (William) I am not doing anonymous, I have set up two users.

Considering Tanner's diagram example from yesterday; If it is says it is
connecting then the data must be getting through 20. Based on that, can a
port issue be ruled out and this would be more of a server setup issue?

Thanks for all of the replies.

Regards,
Mark.