[TriLUG] Books for Linux+, or should I look at something else to quickly learn linux? Or is Linux+ a waste of time?

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:16:08 EST 2006

In a few months my schedule is going to free itself up so I figued I would
try and take the fast track to learning linux.  I have a linux box at home,
and one here at work.  I am slowly incorporating linux based programs in my
Windows/as400 centric network. I have been fumbling with it when I have time
but have not dedicated much time to it lately because free time is at a
premium right now.  I would like to "really" learn linux so I thougth about
Linux+.  Is it a waste of time?  If its not, what books do you recommend?
Will it open any doors in the future if I have it on my resume.  I figured
it would not hurt.  Any opinions or advice?

Thanks!

Chad