[TriLUG] Re: Lunch Friday?

Neil L. Little nllittle at vnet.net
Sat Feb 25 00:18:11 EST 2006

One can use this to guage a yankee's assimilation into "southern culture"
I have noticed many a yankee's horror when they unwittingly use it and have its use brought to their attention.
Especially after swearing an oath they they will NEVER use "fixin to" in a sentence!
another common word:  fixin (fixing...about to, going to)
"I'm fixin ta bust out a can o' whoop-ass all ova ya lazy hide"
"I'm fixin ta fail this class if I cain't git mahself some study help"

Neil Little, WA4AZL    JARS Forever! ... er TRILUG Too!