[TriLUG] Disappointed in Google.

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sat Feb 25 17:00:16 EST 2006

Matt Pusateri wrote:

>Ok, so this is slightly old but I just got around to ranting about it.
>
>Normally Google does things in a top notch manner, but I have to admit
>that I was dissapointed in Google working with Codeweavers to release
>Picaso for Linux as a Wine implementation.  While I like to see Google
>partnering with Codeweavers as it will only help the Wine API, it just
>seems like Google could of done it better. I think they should have
>rewritten Picaso as a Linux app and not just worked to make it run
>under Wine.  Okay, I'm done ranting for today.
>

>Matt P.

Generally speaking, I personally agree with you entirely, Matt.  Please,
if you (or anyone else) would be actively interested in working for
Google on porting / rewriting any of our apps to run on Linux, *BSD, OS
X, or any other fundamentally posix-compliant OS, let me know.  I'll be
glad to write you a referral.

Aaron S. Joyner