[TriLUG] Monitor Auto Power Weirdness

Randall Barlow randall_barlow at ncsu.edu
Sat Feb 25 17:49:28 EST 2006

When I'm logged into the system and leave, I have my xorg.conf
configured to suspend and power off the monitor at 30 and 60 minutes of
inactivity, and that works great.  However, if I'm not logged in and the
machine is sitting at the kdm or gdm login screen for 30 minutes or 60
minutes, it seems like X tries to power off and on the monitor over and
over again, which doesn't seem like it would be too good for my
monitor.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  (Gentoo Linux)

--
Randy Barlow
Research Assistant
randall_barlow at ncsu.edu