OS Failure (was Re: [TriLUG] Disappointed in Google)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:08:09 EST 2006

On 2/25/06, Reginald Reed <reginald.reed at gmail.com> wrote:
> I fully understand your feeling on Google going with WINE.  People seem to
> forget is that despite the whole "do no evil" thing,  Google is a publicly
> traded company.  Doing the development as native application for Linux would
> either be more expensive or be waaay off in feature parity with the Windows
> implementation.  Its not *all* about the almighty dollar, but it does factor
> high!

I do think that it's a little less insulting than this:
http://www.vongo.com/parking

This is the url which shows up at the end of the crazy ad that's been
running on TV which shows a woman of a certain age leaving a parking
garage and being waved on by the attendant prompting her to drive
through the lowered gate.

Try accessing it from a linux machine.

--
Rick DeNatale