[TriLUG] Deploying Linux to...Aunt Marge

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Sun Feb 26 12:52:11 EST 2006

Cristobal Palmer wrote:
Hmmmm... Philosophical reasons aside, I always thought Gnome was
primarily designed for non-technical newbies and KDE for more
technically astute users.  The problem I've always had with both was
that they'd offer umpteen application choices for each task, thereby
confusing the issue.  Of the two, I'd go with plain old Ubuntu running
Gnome for Aunt Marge, but if you tweak Xubuntu running XFCE that might
present an even better option!

-- Tom Eisenmenger