[TriLUG] IPPLAN

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Tue Feb 28 08:53:08 EST 2006

Jon,

I can appreciate the simplicity of the vim approach - its what I'm doing
right now.

My networks are becoming large and complex enough that I need a better
way to see and plan for address allocation.  Some of my networks can
have very short life spans, while others are more traditional.  There is
usually a LOT of NAT going on and seeing these relationships is really
important.

IPPLAN / IPTRACK has some features like DNS record creation from a GUI
interface based on templates or something... I'm not interested in any
of that.  I just need a better way to see what addresses are free, what
has been assigned and where, and what the relationships are with NAT &
stuff.  Maybe some quick and dirty MySQL is all I really need, but I'm
sure that flat files won't cut it anymore.

Ryan