[TriLUG] SLES 9 and networking question

kevin at flanagannc.net kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue Feb 28 09:25:40 EST 2006

Greetings all,

   I have a SLES 9 system that is connected to my internal corporate
(10.x.x.x) network, I am attempting to connect it to a DMZ (172.x.x.x)
as well, but not route between the two.

  When I set all interfaces to DHCP the 10 net has a server and
reservation, it gets an address and is reachable.

  When I turn on the 172 net interface I get dropped from my connection on
the 10 net.

  I have tried to assign the info, address, mask, gateway to the 10 net
interface in YAST as static, same result.

  YAST is really starting to bother me, I'm afraid that if I change files
by hand they will get written over by YAST next time I go in to it.

   Did I mention that another group officially supports the system?  They
just aren't helping....

   Does anyone know enough SLES to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

    Kevin