[TriLUG] support for switching to Linux, esp. for schools

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Wed Mar 1 16:20:55 EST 2006

Tell her to get in touch with DPE and set up an appointment to discuss
her school's tech plan.  Before anything else happens, the tech plan
needs to be in line.  It almost certainly does not include any language
favorable to the use of Linux in particular or open source in general.
On the other hand, it very likely includes specific MS product titles in
the plan.  The tech plan has to be in line and approved before any work
like this can get off the ground.