[TriLUG] vsftpd and port scanning (or multiple failed logins)

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:36:46 EST 2006

I think that anyone that fails authentication that many times is
suspicious.  I have started testing a script called blockhosts that scans
the log file and places offending hosts in deny.hosts.  I use it for ssh but
have seen in the log file where it supports vstfp.  Good luck!

http://www.aczoom.com/cms/blockhosts