[TriLUG] Re: Problems with Sendmail

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Mar 3 14:46:32 EST 2006

Brian Weaver wrote:
> Does any Sendmail guru out there know how to force sendmail to place a
> valid or invalid address into the From lilne for the MDN messages?

That's a bad solution, begging for mail loops and similar not-fun
results.  MDNs need to have an empty envelope mail from to prevent the
MDN from generating bounce mail, etc. that might cause another MDN to go
out, repeat...

Tell friend to get a decent mail cleaning server. :-)  I know, probably
not a tenable solution.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/