[TriLUG] microsoft ad

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Sun Mar 5 19:11:16 EST 2006

Don't forget to look hard at the disk array, where's the bottleneck?
Could more spindles benefit you more than moving to Fibre Channel?
Under some conditions U320 SCSI is faster than Fibre Channel (unless you
have already gone to 2GB FC, then I'd have to re-do the math....).
Often you bottleneck is in the seek times, then the biggest thing you
can do is spread the load around to more spindles.

I do like the Squid idea.

Kevin