[TriLUG] Quick aliases question

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Mar 6 09:00:02 EST 2006

Hi Gang,
   Does /etc/aliases get evaluated before procmail gets its hands on a
message?  I realized I have a couple aliases such as:

bob: /var/mail/bob,bob-at-home at home.com

in order to have bob's mail go through to his account, as well as
getting copied to his home account.  Then I thought, hey, maybe the
reason bob's mail seems to not be getting scanned by SpamAssassin is
because the aliases file is dumping it right into his mail spool and
procmail is never seeing it.

And if that's the case, what's the best way to get someone's e-mail
address to go two (or more) places like that, without changing their
address to a new alias?

Cheers,
~Brian