[TriLUG] DNS provider recommendations

Russell Jones russ at virante.com
Tue Mar 7 22:25:04 EST 2006

WOOHOO! Something I know about.

GoDaddy is awful, first off. GoDaddy has a terrible history of locking
domains whenever they receive a spam report (regardless of its validity).
They then charge $250 to have your domain reactivated.

The best I have found to date is Sitelutions.com - they are not the
cheapest ($8.75 for a domain), but they offer free DNS for domains both
hosted with them and not hosted with them. Their domains also propogate
literally in minutes, it is quite amazing.

Cheaper and also good is enom.com, but to get the good price you have to
become a reseller. (I believe it is $6.85 per domain for a reseller).

Russ Jones