[TriLUG] [Fwd: [Steering] Red Hat High]

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu Mar 9 19:35:17 EST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Steering] Red Hat High
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:28:46 -0500
From: Claire Sauls <csauls at redhat.com>
To: steering at trilug.org

Just to follow up with my announcement at the meeting, the email to ask
about the camp is redhathigh at redhat.com. Red Hat High will be aimed at
rising 8th and 9th graders this July 9-15 on NC State campus, teaching
them about web design, video editing, audio creation, geo-spatial
technologies, and video game creation, all with open source programs
running on Linux. We really need teachers for the video game and video
tracks. The kids will stay for the week in dorms on NC State campus, and
the camp will host around 50 students, primarily minorities and females.
We would love members of the community to come teach these students and
inspire them to pursue a career in technology when they begin
considering college majors and career options.
Thanks for letting me make the announcement!
Claire

--
Claire Sauls
Program Director, Red Hat High