[TriLUG] Best Linux Desktop and Desktop Apps?

Magnus stinkfart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 14:51:08 EST 2006

On 3/10/06, Carl Crider <c.crider at gmail.com> wrote:

> ....side note. what are you going to do with that old powerbook?

Thanks for asking, but I rarely throw interesting hardware away or get rid
of it.  :-)  Call it a sickness.

ppc in a laptop is pretty cool.  I only wish Apple wouldn't have used
"crippled" Power processors... (I'm working in a Power5 shop now so I can
appreciate what the platform is capable of).  I think a dual Power5 Power
Mac would have been the bomb but it's too late to lament that now.

In the meantime, I still use it from time to time (strictly as another
desktop these days... too beat up to cart around anymore)  and have some
side projects brewing that will see a lot of use out of this thing.