[TriLUG] Awstats gurus?

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 14 18:03:05 EST 2006

Question for any awstats gurus: Is %bytesd really a required field for
logfiles? If so, why??

Details:

Trying to get awstats to process IIS logs supposedly in WC3 format. I
get the following:

... Error: Your personalized LogFormat does not include all fields
required by AWStats (Add %bytesd in your LogFormat string). Setup
('/etc/awstats/awstats.xxx.edu.conf' file, web server or permissions)
may be wrong. Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation
(in 'docs' directory).

The problem is, my IIS server was not LOGGING Bytes Downloaded. Is this
really a required field by awstats? Why?

Why, Dog, Why? =(