[TriLUG] Re: seeking help-desk ticket tracking tool

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:47:13 EST 2006

I forgot to thanks folks and close up this thread with the resolution,
so here it is.

I added this section to my RT_SiteConfig.pm

# Enable ApacheLDAPAuth
Set($WebExternalAuth, 1);
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth, true);
Set($WebExternalAuto, 1);

That was it.  Since Apache was already working with my AD via:
http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_ADS_AuthLDAP.txt
(This was applied to the Directory for RT inside the virtualhost in
the conf.d/rt.conf file.)

All I had to do was add the above and create the RT user for each
person I wanted to allow in, password in RT is completely overlooked
as this solution presumes if you auth'd in the browser, your username
must be you, so if that username is in RT, then you can be that person
and use RT.  :)

Anyway, thanks to those who helped!
David McD