[TriLUG] Raid gurus?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:53:07 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, WA Brown <brownwa at ftc-i.net> wrote:
> Would you be so kind to explain to me,a newbie, how to do this properly? I
> have a Redhat9-Apache2.0 server and one laptop and another
> desktop(winders)?A way to do it without having to shutdown the server and do
> updates on a regular basis?
>
> WA Brown

For backing up the server, take a look at Jeremy and Jason's slides
from their trilug presentation back in May 2004
http://www.trilug.org/talks/2004-05-backup/

For backing up the other machines over the network I use backuppc
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if backuppc is packaged in rpm form, although I suspect
that it is.  I'm running Ubuntu/Debian and installing it as a deb
package was dead easy.

Backuppc allows several options for how to backup.  I'm using rsync to
backup my laptop, and samba for my wife's windows box.