[TriLUG] Kernel oops after upgrade in Debian

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Mar 20 08:45:24 EST 2006

On Sunday 19 March 2006 17:51, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote:

> I recommend you choose a 2.6 kernel from testing (presuming you're
> still running testing) like linux-image-2.6-486 (will pull in 2.6.15).

Yep...that was my thought.  Of course, I've never installed a new kernel on a
Debian box (after install), so I guess I'll need to go figure out how to do
that.

Is there anything special I need to do if I'm
1) upgrading my Debian kernel image, and
2) not planning to build a kernel from source right now.

---Tom