[TriLUG] Has anyone looked at gizmo?

burnett at pobox.com burnett at pobox.com
Mon Mar 20 17:39:26 EST 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> With all the VOIP devotees in the group, I was wondering if anyone has
> played with gizmo?
>
> http://www.gizmoproject.com/

Works fine. Be careful on the installer, though, at least for OS X: if you
allow the Gizmo Project installer to scan your Address Book (there's a
yes/no dialog box), it scrapes every email address and sends them all
invites to download and install Gizmo.

(No, I didn't, but I received an email from an acquaintance of mine
because he wasn't cautious. I received three identical emails from him, in
fact: one for each address he had on record for me.)

Perhaps Gizmo's installer has changed since a couple of months ago, but
that was its behavior then.

Other than that unlovely installer feature, works fine for me, at least on
OS X.