[TriLUG] Re: [OT] ESD issues

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Mar 20 22:40:34 EST 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> I couldn't find any graphs of saturated water vapor pressure in the range
> 0-30C on the web.

The graph is upward curving like an exponential - look at
the l-g line in this phase diagram of water.

http://www.chem.arizona.edu/~salzmanr/480a/480ants/watvp/watvp.html

Because small changes in temperature produce large changes
in the amount of water in the gas phase (the relative
humidity), in summer we only have to drop the temperature of
the air a small amount (passing it over cold coils in an air
conditioner) to decrease the humidity inside a house by a
large amount. Much of the comfort from A/C comes from the
decrease in humidity, drying the perspiration from our skin.
It's not only the temperature decrease that makes you feel
better - 100% humidity at 80degF isn't great, but 50% hum at
80deg is OK.

Joe
--
Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina jmack
(at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map generator at