[TriLUG] Securing Recursive DNS

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Mar 21 10:01:53 EST 2006

Josh Vickery wrote:
> Not only will the above link check your domain(s) for open recursion
> but it will do a number of other checks as well, some of which
> surprised me.

The results suprised me, too.

For the MX record it says "ERROR: I couldn't find any MX records for
christophermerrill.net...<snip>....so I'm assuming you don't receive
mail on this domain."

My DNS is through dyndns.org and I've been receiving mail just fine for
many years.  I'm not claiming the report is wrong, or even that I understand
half of what the report said, but it seems to be a little to strict in its
interpretation of this particular item.

Chris Merrill                           |  http://www.webperformance.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services