[TriLUG] Grub help?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:34:41 EST 2006

After installing FC5 and modify the grub.conf, did you run "grub" for the
changes to take effect?

If not then do the following -

1) Boot up off of a rescue floppy/CD/usbkey
2) Mount your disk.
3) Type "chroot your mounted disk", i.e. chroot /mnt/mydisk /bin/bash
4) Type "grub" and hit enter.
5) After your prompt returns, type "quit" and hit enter.
6) Reboot!

Good luck!

Mike