[TriLUG] wireless in ubuntu

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 00:47:36 EST 2006

To keep the module from being loaded at next boot:

  echo bcm43xx | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-wifi

Now use modprobe to remove that module intelligently:

  sudo modprobe -r bcm43xx

Do your... *shudder* ...ndiswrapper thing and go on with life. Do try
coming back to the bcm43xx module once dapper is released, eh?

-CMP