[TriLUG] Best HD/TV or Regular TV card for linux

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:50:23 EST 2006

On 3/28/06, Aaron S. Joyner <aaron at joyner.ws> wrote:
> unless when I get an antenna hooked up things look good for
> over-the-air reception in the SFBay area (not holding my breath in my
> condo with an internal antenna).

The thing that kills OTA digital TV reception more than signal
strength is multi-path distortion.  Here in Wake Forest just north of
Raleigh, I can only get WUNC OTA.  The cluster of transmitters in
Raleigh give me ghosting on the analog channels and nothing on
digital.  If I want to get OTA I'm going to have to use a directional
antenna, and either a rotator or some kind of array to get both the
Raleigh and UNC signals.  So far I'm just relying on DirectTV to get
my HD and other TV.  At least I can get the ABC and NBC HD broadcasts
out of New York, but WRAL won't let them give me the CBS national HD
feed.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site