[TriLUG] Enigmail, outlook, and other painful things

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:45:06 EST 2006

On 3/28/06, John Broome <jbroome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/06, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What I'd like to find, though, is a means of using GPG with GMail.  I know
> > there's a Greasemonkey script for Firefox that will let you use GMail with
> > SMIME, so I would think it would be possible to do the same with GPG.
> > If anyone has a link to such a thing, please post it!
>
> Does this do what you want?
>
> http://www.langenhoven.com/code/emailencrypt/gmailencrypt.php

No, because what I'm looking for is OpenPGP (re: GPG) compatibility.
This just implements a completely non-standard form of encryption
(yes, it uses rsa for the actual encryption, but everything else is
put together by this one person).  That makes it completely useless
for anyone who's not using this script.  In addition, since it's just
something this one guy came up with, how do you know there aren't
problems that make it easy to crack?  Even GPG has had problems
and it's much more looked over, so I can't say I have much faith in
what this one guy has done. :-(

Cheers,
Tanner
--