[TriLUG] sendmail smart-host with auth

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:45:04 EST 2006

Are you sure its not a case of the ISPs are doing reverse DNS checks on your
mail servers IP?  I just setup a new system here at work and that was the
case.  The DNS records on the mail servers outgoing IP were no existant so a
lot of ISPs were dropping any SMTP connection attempts.  This caught me off
guard as it had been several years since I had setup a mail system and back
then nobody did reverse lookups but then again back then spam was not an
issue either.

Chad