[TriLUG] Options for replacing Panasonic PBX with Asterisk

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 10:20:58 EDT 2006

Also, you only need a bunch of FXS cards if you're connecting a bunch
of POTS handsets directly to the PBX. You could switch to any number
of VoIP providers so that inbound calls are over a cable modem, so now
your home phone wiring is left for you to play with--it's just a bus
topology. And remember that with most of these VoIP providers, they
toss in the cable modem and/or a little linksys adapter with the plan.

-CMP

--

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student