[TriLUG] mhonarc

Brian Bell bbell at kneecap.net
Wed Apr 5 14:29:28 EDT 2006

Have you checked for a cronjob for MHonArc?   If you kill it but it
keeps coming back there has to be some process restarting it.  Seems to
make sense that it would either be another program or something like a
cron job.

Came across this post on a Google search - this guy apparently had some
performance trouble with MHonArc on his laptop:
--snip--
    Unresolved issues:
        Had a major performance problem with 'mhonarc' routine which
converts mail to html enmass. Rename the routine by executing:
        mv /usr/bin/mhonarc /usr/bin/mhonarc.orig
        in a terminal window to stop the routine from running
before opening the Mail function.
--end_snip--

You *could* do that, but its just renaming the executable to something
else so that whatever is calling it cant call it anymore.. It's not
really getting to the root of the problem obviously.

another post I found made reference to uninstalling 'kat' - see more
here: http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion/index.php?t28709.html
--snip--
I wouldn't worry about the high cpu load - I have also deinstalled kat
on my machine - the related high loads were from kded and mhonarc, but
kat caused those to do whatever they were doing.
--end_snip--

Good luck,
Brian

--