[TriLUG] USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Security Call For Papers

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Wed Apr 5 14:45:44 EDT 2006

Submissions Deadline: April 17, 2006
http://www.usenix.org/hotsec06/cfpa
-------------------------------

The First Workshop on Hot Topics in Security (HotSec '06) will take
place Monday, July 31, 2006, in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and we would
like to encourage your submissions.

HotSec is intended as a forum for lively discussion of aggressively
innovative and potentially disruptive ideas in all aspects of systems
security. Surprising results and thought-provoking ideas will be
strongly favored; complete papers with polished results in well-explored
research areas are discouraged. Papers will be selected for their
potential to stimulate discussion in the workshop.

Position papers are expected to fit into one of the following
categories:
-- Fundamentally new techniques for and approaches to dealing with
current security problems

-- New major problems arising from new technologies that are now being
developed or deployed

-- Truly surprising results that cause rethinking of previous approaches

While our goal is to solicit ideas that are not completely worked out,
we expect submissions to be supported by some evidence of feasibility or
preliminary quantitative results.

Possible topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Secure operation, management, and event response of/for
ultra-large-scale systems
* Designing secure large-scale systems and networks
* Self-organizing and self-protecting systems
* Security assurance for non-expert users
* Balancing security and privacy/anonymity
* Interactions between security technology and public policy

Position paper submissions due are due April 17, 2006.
Submissions guidelines can be found at http://www.usenix.org/hotsec06/
cfpa

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

On behalf of the HotSec '06 Program Committee,
Matt Blaze, University of Pennsylvania

P.S. HotSec '06 will be co-located with the 15th USENIX Security
Symposium (Security '06), which will take place July 31-August 4, 2006.