[TriLUG] Linux and WinXP on same drive

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Apr 6 16:05:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, matt1027 wrote:

> My question today is about installing WinXP on the same
> hard drive as Mandriva.  I have a dual boot system with
> Win98 on the small (8GB) hda and Mandriva on the 80GB,
> hdb, with LILO in MBR of hda.  I need to add WinXP on hdb

I'm under the impression that you cannot have two windows
installations on the same machine. Each expects to boot off
drive C: and will deliberately corrupt/refomat the other
installation. At least that's the way it's been with
previous pairs of windows (W2k, w98). I couldn't get it to
work anyhow.

Joe