[TriLUG] Spinning down a SCSI drive

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 11:18:06 EDT 2006

You should be able to get the same info from /proc/scsi/scsi e.g.
(from a Dell Poweredge with two drives attached):

  # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DDYS-T18350M     Rev: S93E
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: ST3300007LC      Rev: D701
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PE/PV    Model: 1x3 SCSI BP      Rev: 0.28
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02

So the Seagate Drive would be  '0 0 1 0'

Of course this is all x86 stuff so there may be some differences going
to SPARC too.

David.