[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Xen: April Meeting

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Apr 10 21:06:20 EDT 2006

The April meeting of the Triangle Linux Users Group will be held at 7:00
PM on Thursday April 13, 2006 at Red Hat.  Directions are available from
our website at http://www.trilug.org/.

Matt Frye will present an overview of the Xen project, Xen's relative
strengths and weaknesses, and the basics of installation and configuration.

Xen is a virtual machine monitor (VMM) for x86-compatible computers. Xen
can securely execute multiple virtual machines, each running its own OS,
on a single physical system with close-to-native performance.  Learn
more at: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

Red Hat is providing food and drinks for our April meeting.  Red Hat is
hosting the Red Hat Summit May 30-June 2 in Nashville, TN.  Hear
keynotes from Nicholas Negroponte, Eben Moglen, and Cory Doctorow.
Attend track-specific sessions on Emerging Technologies, Open Source
Dynamics, and Storage, Virtualization, and Clustering.  Enjoy three
nights' accommodations at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, admission to all
conference sessions, great conference meals, and evening entertainment
each night.  All for the LUG/academic community rate of $699.  A savings
of $500 off the standard registration rate.  See
http://www.redhat.com/summit and
http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/tracks/ for more information, and
visit
https://www.seeuthere.com/rsvp/invitation/registration.asp?id=m2c7a0-606439919193&sutEventRoleID=763461950516
to register.

Upcoming Events:

Our May meeting will be on Certificate Assurance using CACert.org.  Also
in May we will hold our annual elections for Steering Committee.
Nominations are open for all five steering committee positions and
should be sent to trilug AT trilug DOT org or to nominate privately, to
steering AT trilug DOT org.  Nominations must be received by May 4,
23:59:59.  Please note that SC members are elected "at large" and then
decide amongst themselves which position they will occupy.

Virtually Yours,
Joseph Tate
TriLUG Public Relations