[TriLUG] [OT] looking for book on object oriented design

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Apr 15 09:20:32 EDT 2006

The introductory C++ course I'm taking doesn't address
design. We aren't given sample implementations of the
homework after it's handed back, to see what we could have
done. In one of the homeworks I am required to have a class
that only has data (the only methods are getters,setters and
operator<<()). It occurs to me that this shouldn't be a
class, but just data in the class which now calls it.

I have Riel, "Object Oriented Design Heurists" which is
partially comprehensible and Gamma, Helm, Johnson and
Vlissides, "Design Patterns" which is beyond me.

Coming from a procedural background, I'm looking for a book
to learn to cast problems into an object oriented format.
I'm not primarily interested in the coding, although I would
be glad to see code to explain the implementation of the
design.

Thanks Joe