[TriLUG] Open Source Propaganda

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:01:12 EDT 2006

We are considering plaing an 'Open Source' tab on our web site that
would contain information on how we are trying to implement open
source software, projects, and practices at our business, what we are
using, etc.... Also, how we are trying to spread open source software
practices into other areas of our business.

We are trying to answer questions like the one asked by our CEO last
week.  We had just shown him our new SugarCRM database and he said,
"That's great!  But I can't understand why anyone would write a
product like this and then just give it away..."

Does anyone have any good sources for the 'theory behind' open source,
or open source practices?

Thanks,
Mark.