[TriLUG] Xen applications

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Wed Apr 19 15:37:10 EDT 2006

I'm not clear on what you want to do with the first machine.  Assuming you're
using it to test-drive a number of distros, no, you probably don't have much
to gain from using Xen.

The second machine could definitely use Xen.  One of the great advantages is
the ability to separate access for security purposes.  For example, it makes
a lot of sense to run your web server on its own xen domain, especially if
you plan to have users with their own web space.

Another advantage of using Xen is the flexibility it allows.  If you had a
hardware malfunction on your server for example, it would be a cinch to fire
up your xen domains on any other xen-capable box, thus keeping your services
running.

Perhaps a more specific description of your needs would help.

Michael